Our beloved saga has come to an end Twihards. “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2” is in theaters TODAY, November 16, 2012, and the final promotion premiere for the film took place today in Berlin with the “Twilight” trinity: Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart. Many saw the impressive finale last night during the 10 PM and midnight showing and will continue to see it throughout the weekend. Now I pose this very serious question; now what are we supposed to do?
Many outsiders merely do not understand our devotion, the passion and simple joy we get from the saga. They think we’re clinically insane and could result to drastic measures like jumping off a cliff or checking ourselves into Briarcliff Insane Asylum since we can no longer channel our massive amount of energy into “Twilight.”
I beg to differ. Although we are sadden by the fact the saga is over and want to stay in bed for a month with Lykke Li’s “Possibility” on repeat I believe we can go on to live normal lives after November 16th. If you are at a loss on how to go on after we bid adieu to the sparkly Cullens, menacing Volturi and shape shifting members of the Quileute tribe have no fear. I offer up these ways of cutting the “Twilight” umbilical cord.
- Get into Fifty Shades of Gray. Since these books by E.L. James were inspired by the Edward and Bella love story you can kind of relive the “Twilight” saga in a kinkier world.
- Try watching the stars of the series in other films to break the mindset of them being their “Twilight” characters.
- Allow the ending to truly sink in and realize it’s over. The first part IS accepting you guys.
- Read another Stephenie Meyer novel; “The Host” and try to get excited about that film coming out next year.
- Tap into your creative mind and write fan fiction about “Twilight”.
- Listening to the soundtracks may be a helpful tool in remaining upbeat about the end.
- Talk to fellow Twihards and reminiscence on the good ole days; memories last forever unlike the saga.
- Resume the regular life you had you on pause while you engulfed yourself into the Twi world for five years.
- Don’t cry or be too sad for too long. Be glad it happened and just re-watch the DVD’s until you get plain sick of them; if that’s possible, and remember the DVD of “Breaking Dawn Part 2” will probably be out by February 2013.
This was a good saga Twihards and we had a great run! I don’t know about you but I will never be done talking about these films and the actors and sharing how great I truly feel the series was. So if you want to ignore all my ways to cut the Twi cord; by all means DO, I probably will myself because when you love something you never truly let it go. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for a great saga!!!