You can say what you want about The “Twilight” saga: its fans, the cast, the books, the films but you can not say that the soundtracks for the films are horrible. Some of the biggest names and indie artists in music come together year after year to give music lovers amazing works of art in the form of beautifully constructed songs.
Of all the soundtracks I would say “New Moon” was my favorite. It’s also my favorite film so maybe that’s why I love the music from that album the best. We are less than a week away from the final installment and since the new soundtrack is soon to be released I want to share with you all some of my favorite songs from the previous soundtracks.
- “Spotlight (Twilight Mix)” – Mutemath “Twilight”
- “Bella’s Lullaby” – Carter Burwell “Twilight”
- “Meet Me on the Equinox” – Death Cab for Cutie “New Moon”
- “Roslyn” – Bon Iver and St. Vincent “New Moon”
- “Slow Life” – Grizzly Bear “New Moon”
- “My Love” – Sia “Eclipse”
- “Heavy in Your Arms” – Florence + The Machine “Eclipse”
- “Turning Page” – Sleeping at Last “Breaking Dawn Part 1”
- “Northern Lights” – Cider Sky “Breaking Dawn Part 1”
The last soundtrack for the saga will be released on Tuesday, November 13, but if you’re like me and simply couldn’t wait to hear, Pandora gave Twi fans a special treat and have been streaming the soundtrack. Take a listen here! Let me know your favorites.