I am maybe one of the girliest girls you can meet. I love to get dressed! And I love other people who take the time to make themselves look presentable not only when they have to but on a regular basis. There were SO many celebrities this year that simply made me gag with the amazing ensembles they put together in 2011, well maybe I should also give kudos to the amazing stylist behind the big names.
Nonetheless, this decision was very hard to pinpoint a top 5 list of my best dressed of 2011 so I will name my top 5, in no particular order, and list my honorable mention.
1. Kristen Stewart— There is not a list this girl can not make with me and this year Kristen has definitely come into her own. Let’s talk about that W Magazine cover. Kristen looked so amazingly beautiful people didn’t even realize it was her. Kristen also broke into her glamorous side when she started promoting Breaking Dawn. Her premiere dresses were to die for and those long, black locks added to her fab look! Kristen really had a great year in the fashion department.
2. Ryan Gosling — Not only is this sexy actor a hit in the box office but he is also a hit in the fashion world this year. Ryan has been really busy this year promoting his films, The Ides of March, Drive and Crazy, Stupid, Love, and still managed to look great every time there was a flashing paparazzi bulb around. Big debate was also brought up when Gosling was not named People’s Sexiest Man. Winner Bradley Cooper agreed saying Gosling looks like he walked off a runway every time he sees him. He may have not topped that list but he tops mine!
3. Emma Watson — I may not be a Harry Potter fan but I am a fan of Emma Watson. When Emma traded in her puffy, long locks for the short, pixie haircut she was on the fast track to becoming a fashionista. With the new do Emma has truly come into her own unique style. At the 2011 MTV Movie Awards I was completely blown away by Emma. She looked so gorgeous in her Marchesa dresses I couldn’t even stand it. Those looks alone landed her a spot on my list.
4. Rihanna — Rihanna is known as being the curveball in the fashion world. She can mix and match her style for any occasion and that’s why I love her. She has a great body and does not shy away from the opportunity to flaunt it. Her style in her music video “We Found Love” is so sexy and girly at the same time. The dress she wore for the Met Ball this year was always revealing but classy. Rihanna always finds a nice balance in her attire. “And I’ll drink to that.”
5. Lady Gaga — I mean you really can’t talk about fashion and not mention Lady Gaga. From her sky high pumps to her elaborate costumes Gaga is noted as an icon in the fashion world today. There is nothing Gaga won’t try, for goodness sakes the girl wore meat as a dress. What I love most about Gaga is that she is always on. It doesn’t matter where she is or what the weather may be she always dresses like she’s headed to some major fashion event. Her outfits can be a little far-fetched at times but she’s herself and that’s the best fashion style you can follow.
Now to the honorable mentions, The Kardashian sisters as a whole make my list. Say what you want about the Kardashian/Jenner/Odom clan but they can dress their asses off! Name one time when they didn’t look good,I’ll wait. These girls have fun with getting dressed up and I love that about them.
And in a battle of the “Glee” girls Dianna Agron and Lea Michele have been the It girls to watch for this year. Both girls have been looking breathtaking when they hit the red carpet for the major celeb events. I love them both I just couldn’t choose which “Glee” gal would end up on top.
Who were your best dressed celebs of 2011 ? Are we seeing eye to eye on this one?